Becoming A Social IB: Here’s How You Can Use Social Media To Grow Your Network
Likes, shares, retweets… with more than 3 billion people using social media, there’s never been a better time for Introducing Broker’s to join the conversation. We’ll help you market your brand and grow your trading network.
Likes, Shares, followers and “hearts”
Whether you’re a twenty-something watching a viral TikTok video or a mother sharing posts on Facebook, social media has become ingrained in the minds of the young and old with access to the internet. You use social media platforms and most of your clients already use them as well, so as an IB you need to be visible on these platforms and provide clients value and good content.
In this new era of likes and re-shares, marketing via social platforms should be a priority; as an introducing broker, you’ll have immediate access to a huge client base that continues to grow with more users preferring to use SM for their business needs.
The state of social media in 2020
In 2019, around 2.77 billion people were using social media with experts predicting more than 3 billion people will be using social media by 2021. You can choose from these channels and determine which one will work best for you. You can talk to your audience, offer trading courses and so much more.
The world’s biggest social media platforms:
1. Facebook – 2.6 billion It’s safe to say that nearly every social media user has a Facebook profile. Users can share posts, links, images and videos. Facebook has become incredibly important for brands and personalities who can promote their products using paid ads and become popular very quickly.
2. Reddit – 1.3 billion monthly visitors. This incredible platform has millions of active users posting a variety of content. Great for social-savvy IBs hoping to grow their network and tap into a global, engaged audience.
3. Instagram – 1 billion monthly active users. Instagram is one of the fastest-growing social networking platforms. This highly visual platform is extremely popular with the younger generation.
4. LinkedIn – 690 million members. The social media site for professionals and popular among the B2B audience. A great networking tool that will help you tap into trading networks an educational groups.
5. Twitter – 330 million monthly active users. Twitter is a platform that lets users stay on top of trending topics and has become the platform of choice for spreading news quickly. It has a highly engaged user base; it reports 500 million tweets per day on average.
WhatsApp – 2 billion monthly users. While not a traditional social site, the business has created successful groups who can push their brand via status messages and content.
YouTube – 2 billion monthly active users. The home of internet videos sees thousands of videos added each day with millions of views. A great platform for all creatives to tap into.
The trick to Social Media? Be Social!
Before you can even begin to collect likes and reshares on your posts, you have to create a strategy and eventual presence, on social platforms. That lengthy post might work on Facebook but isn’t as well-received on Twitter.
Overall, you have to offer value to a client and make yourself available for support (i.e. be engaging). If you don’t find a way to engage and inspire customers, you’ll be labelled as just another bland IB trying to hustle money from clients without offering any value. Customers aren’t dumb and if you’ve been turned off by poor social profiles, they will be too. Ultimately, be engaging, offer value and stand out.
Don’t sit on the sidelines, be part of the conversation
If you’re still standing on the social sidelines, there’s never been a better time to be part of the conversation. If used correctly, you’ll have access to powerful tools to better connect with current customers and reach new audiences.
Here are 7 ways social media can help grow your network:
1. Generates brand awareness, grows your network
More important than helping with your online presence, social media allow you to build relationships and ultimately grow your network. The more you grow your fanbase, the more likely you are to sign-up clients and grow your platform.
2. Cost-effective advertising
Most social media advertising is cheaper than traditional advertising, so you can spend a lot less to reach a lot more people. This will help increase your audience and grow your business.
3. Encourages engagement
The key to having a great social presence is to be engaging. Social platforms encourage two-way communication and gives you the ability to learn and understand who your audience is and more importantly, how to best connect with them. Asking your clients to share their thoughts, comment on ideas and encouraging engagement will raise your profile.
4. Social media users are incredibly active
Research shows social media users check multiple accounts nearly 20 times a day. While a customer may visit your website once or twice a week, they will see your posts in their feed perhaps multiple times during the week. The more active you are, the more likely you are to reach users.
5. Putting your customer first
No platform is as good at giving real-time feedback than social media. With the ability to provide instant feedback, you can step up your customer service in a way that’s never been available to IBs before. By monitoring your feeds for customer feedback and responding quickly to their needs, you’ll ensure top customer service.
6. Game-changer for marketing
The advent of social media has forever changed traditional email marketing. You can now share your curated newsletters or promotions via your platforms to tap into an entirely new market.
Many platforms offer the ability for users to easily sign-up for newsletters (i.e. Facebook’s ‘Join My Mailing List’ link). Overall, simply by offering value and understanding your target audience, you will increase your success on social media. Here’s to your increased likes, shares, retweets and more!
Working with CM Trading
As an IB, you’re only as good as the broker you work with. Regardless of whether your trading analysis and signals deliver positive results, any trader who suffers poor service from your designated broker will ultimately close their account. By working with CM Trading, you’ll be benefited from expert trading advice, great training and support to help you convert interested parties into active clients. CM Trading will help you retain those active clients once they begin trading. Our solid reputation, transparent regulatory standing and growing client base will encourage traders to use your services, grow your network and earn you a high-paying commission scheme.
o start your journey with CM Trading, sign up today!